Themes and Key Action Agendas for SEGRA 2015
The SEGRA National Steering Committee is now calling for contributions that demonstrate successful regional development strategies around the following themes and action agendas:
- The regional landscape and environment: maximising opportunities in appropriate management of water, plants, and ecosystems including mining, gas extraction and farming
- Free Trade Agreements: how will regions be impacted and benefit in the age of emerging economies in Asia, Africa and Latin America. What will be the emerging opportunities for economic and employment growth?
- Regional value-add through investment in advanced industries: making the most of clean technology, renewable technologies and agricultural intensification
- Economic consolidation, resource optimisation, fuel security, social capital, technological take up including NBN; industrial diversity and employment opportunities, regional education and sustaining regionally significant investment and national infrastructure funding
- Engaging with our communities and their history in the context of an aging population, workforce demographic transition, viability and financing of agriculture, embedding lifestyle health, education and business values into sustainable economic outcomes
- Building capacity: key policy trends including multi-level governance and decisions that will raise up leadership and get things done in the regions